We need your feedback! Take our new, shorter survey
NWS is conducting research on how to better serve your needs. Please complete our annual customer satisfaction survey. We've shortened it from previous years to make it easier for you to share your opinions with us. The survey is available via the link below and the core section should only take about 10 minutes to complete.
10NM NNE Tenakee Springs AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 6:34 am AKDT Sep 23, 2014
Forecast Valid: 9am AKDT Sep 23, 2014-6pm AKDT Sep 29, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisSURFACE LOW PRESSURE WILL DRIFT NORTH TOWARD HAIDA GWAII THROUGH
THURSDAY WHILE HIGH PRESSURE BUILDS OVER THE INTERIOR OF ALASKA
AND NORTHWESTERN CANADA.
- Today SE wind 5 to 10 kt becoming NW in the morning. Patchy fog before 1pm. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tonight NW wind around 10 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday NW wind around 10 kt becoming SE in the afternoon. A slight chance of rain after 1pm. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Night SE wind around 10 kt. A chance of rain after 1am. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday SE wind around 10 kt. A chance of rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Night SE wind around 10 kt. Rain likely. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday SE wind 5 to 10 kt. A chance of rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night SE wind around 10 kt. Rain likely. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday SE wind around 10 kt. Rain likely. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE