We need your feedback! Take our new, shorter survey
NWS is conducting research on how to better serve your needs. Please complete our annual customer satisfaction survey. We've shortened it from previous years to make it easier for you to share your opinions with us. The survey is available via the link below and the core section should only take about 10 minutes to complete.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
31NM SE Passage Canal AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 5:05 pm AKDT Sep 15, 2014
Forecast Valid: 8pm AKDT Sep 15, 2014-6pm AKDT Sep 22, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT AN AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WIND WAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA WEAK RIDGE OF HIGH PRESSURE WILL REMAIN ALONG THE NORTH GULF
COAST THROUGH WED AFTERNOON. A WEATHER FRONT WILL MOVE INTO THE
SOUTHWEST GULF TUE EVENING AND STALL IN THE CENTRAL GULF ON WED.
- Tonight SSE wind 10 to 15 kt. Showers. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Tuesday SSE wind 5 to 10 kt. Showers. Seas around 2 ft.
- Tuesday Night E wind 5 to 10 kt. Rain. Seas around 2 ft.
- Wednesday E wind around 15 kt. Rain. The rain could be heavy at times. Seas around 3 ft.
- Wednesday Night E wind around 20 kt. Rain. The rain could be heavy at times. Seas around 4 ft.
- Thursday NE wind 5 to 10 kt becoming NNW in the afternoon. Rain. Seas around 2 ft.
- Thursday Night NE wind around 10 kt. Rain. Seas around 2 ft.
- Friday ENE wind around 10 kt. Rain. Seas around 2 ft.
- Friday Night SE wind around 10 kt. Rain. Seas around 2 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE