Winter storm to bring heavy snow from the Plains to New England through Monday
A storm system in the central U.S. will push east setting the stage for a widespread precipitation event across the central and eastern U.S. through Monday. A wide swath of accumulating snow is forecast from Nebraska to New England. Just to the south of this area of snow, freezing rain is possible. Gusty winds and blowing snow could lead to blizzard conditions for parts of the Midwest.
18NM SE Passage Canal AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 5:31 am AKST Feb 1, 2015
Forecast Valid: 6am AKST Feb 1, 2015-6pm AKST Feb 7, 2015
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT AN AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WIND WAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA FRONT IN THE SOUTHERN GULF WILL REMAIN NEARLY STATIONARY AND
SLOWLY WEAKEN THROUGH LATE MON NIGHT.
- Today Variable winds 5 kt or less. Sunny. Seas around 2 ft.
- Tonight Variable winds 5 kt or less. Clear. Seas around 2 ft.
- Monday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Sunny. Seas around 2 ft.
- Monday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly clear. Seas around 2 ft.
- Tuesday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Sunny. Seas around 2 ft.
- Tuesday Night NW wind 5 to 10 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas around 2 ft.
- Wednesday N wind around 10 kt. A chance of snow showers. Seas around 2 ft.
- Wednesday Night N wind around 15 kt. A chance of snow showers. Seas around 3 ft.
- Thursday N wind around 15 kt. A chance of snow showers. Seas around 3 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE