Wet weather continues across Pacific Northwest and New England
Two developing storm systems will continue to bring heavy rain to opposite coasts of the U.S. on Thursday. One system is affecting the Pacific Northwest and northern California while the other affects New England. There is a risk of flash flooding across parts of New England on Thursday where Flash Flood Watches are in effect.
18NM SE Passage Canal AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 4:32 pm AKDT Oct 22, 2014
Forecast Valid: 8pm AKDT Oct 22, 2014-6pm AKDT Oct 29, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT AN AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WIND WAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA 978 MB LOW 240 NM SOUTHEAST OF KODIAK ISLAND MOVES SOUTHEAST AND
WEAKENS THROUGH THU. A 989 MB LOW 70 NM SOUTHWEST OF HAIDA GWAII
MOVES TO 220 NM WEST OF HAIDA GWAII AT 992 MB THU AFTERNOON...THEN
MOVES SOUTH AND WEAKENS THROUGH FRI. A TROUGH OF LOW PRESSURE WILL
DEVELOP ACROSS THE NORTH GULF THU MORNING AND PERSIST THROUGH FRI
- Tonight NNW wind 5 to 10 kt. Isolated showers. Seas around 2 ft.
- Thursday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Isolated showers before 1pm. Seas around 2 ft.
- Thursday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Isolated showers after 7pm. Seas around 2 ft.
- Friday NNW wind 5 to 10 kt. Scattered showers after 1pm. Seas around 2 ft.
- Friday Night NNW wind around 10 kt. Scattered showers before 1am. Seas around 2 ft.
- Saturday NNW wind around 10 kt. Partly sunny. Seas around 2 ft.
- Saturday Night NNW wind around 10 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas around 2 ft.
- Sunday NNW wind around 10 kt. A chance of showers. Seas around 2 ft.
- Sunday Night N wind around 10 kt. A chance of showers. Seas around 2 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE