The flash flooding threat will begin moving east out of the Plains into the Upper Midwest and Great Lakes on Thursday
Flash flooding will continue to be possible on Thursday but will begin moving out of the central and northern Plains. The area of concern will be the Upper Midwest edging into the the eastern Great Lakes region. 1 to 2 inches of rainfall will be possible into Friday.
31NM SE Passage Canal AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 4:56 pm AKDT Aug 27, 2014
Forecast Valid: 4am AKDT Aug 28, 2014-6pm AKDT Sep 3, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT AN AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WIND WAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA 1000 MB OVER THE NORTHERN ALASKA PENINSULA NEAR PILOT POINT
MOVES TO 25 NM SOUTHEAST OF KODIAK CITY WHILE STRENGTHENING TO
997 MB...THEN GRADUALLY WEAKENS INTO A BROAD TROUGH OVER THE
NORTHERN AND EASTERN GULF FRI AFTERNOON.
- Overnight E wind around 20 kt. Rain. The rain could be heavy at times. Seas around 4 ft.
- Thursday NE wind 10 to 15 kt. Rain. The rain could be heavy at times. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Thursday Night NNE wind 5 to 10 kt. Rain. The rain could be heavy at times. Seas around 2 ft.
- Friday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Rain, mainly before 1pm. Seas around 2 ft.
- Friday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of showers before 7pm. Seas around 2 ft.
- Saturday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly cloudy. Seas around 2 ft.
- Saturday Night E wind 5 to 10 kt. Rain likely. Seas around 2 ft.
- Sunday ENE wind 5 to 10 kt. Rain likely. Seas around 2 ft.
- Sunday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Rain likely. Seas around 2 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE