Strong winds in the Great Lakes and Ohio Valley
A developing storm system in the Upper Midwest will move through the Great Lakes into Canada on Monday. Winds will be gusty and strong around this system and extend from the Great Lakes to the Ohio and Tennessee Valleys. The strongest winds will be around Lake Ontario and Lake Erie, with gusts up to 60 mph in parts of Michigan, Ohio and Upstate New York where High Wind Warnings are in effect.
31NM SE Passage Canal AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 4:31 pm AKST Nov 23, 2014
Forecast Valid: 6am AKST Nov 24, 2014-6pm AKST Nov 30, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT AN AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WIND WAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA 997 MB LOW 95 NM SOUTH OF SITKINAK BECOMES A BROAD AND DIFFUSE
1012 MB LOW AS IT MOVES TO THE CENTRAL GULF OF ALASKA MON NIGHT
AND THEN DISSIPATES TUE.
- Today E wind 5 to 10 kt becoming NNW in the afternoon. Rain showers before 3pm, then rain and snow showers likely. Seas around 2 ft.
- Tonight Variable winds 5 kt or less. Scattered rain and snow showers. Seas around 2 ft.
- Tuesday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Scattered rain and snow showers, mainly before noon. Seas around 2 ft.
- Tuesday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Partly cloudy. Seas around 2 ft.
- Wednesday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Sunny. Seas around 2 ft.
- Wednesday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly cloudy. Seas around 2 ft.
- Thanksgiving Day Variable winds 5 kt or less. Partly sunny. Seas around 2 ft.
- Thursday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly cloudy. Seas around 2 ft.
- Friday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Partly sunny. Seas around 2 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE