Nor'easter to continue impacting Northeast through Thanksgiving
A nor'easter making its way up the East Coast will bring widespread precipitation from Florida to Maine on Wednesday into Thursday, which could significantly impact Thanksgiving travel across the region. Rain is expected closer to the coast, with snow falling inland and at higher elevations, especially across the central Appalachians, Northeast and New England.
31NM SE Passage Canal AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 4:31 pm AKST Nov 26, 2014
Forecast Valid: 6pm AKST Nov 26, 2014-6pm AKST Dec 3, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT AN AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WIND WAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisHIGH PRESSURE WILL REMAIN OVER THE GULF OF ALASKA THROUGH LATE THU
NIGHT. A WEATHER FRONT WILL ENTER THE GULF FROM THE WEST ON FRI.
- Tonight Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly clear. Seas around 2 ft.
- Thanksgiving Day Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly sunny. Seas around 2 ft.
- Thursday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Partly cloudy. Seas around 2 ft.
- Friday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly cloudy. Seas around 2 ft.
- Friday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Snow likely. Seas around 2 ft.
- Saturday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Rain and snow likely before noon, then scattered rain and snow showers. Seas around 2 ft.
- Saturday Night N wind 5 to 10 kt. A chance of rain and snow showers before midnight, then a chance of snow showers. Seas around 2 ft.
- Sunday N wind around 10 kt. A chance of snow showers. Seas around 2 ft.
- Sunday Night N wind around 10 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas around 2 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE