Nor'easter to continue impacting Northeast through Thanksgiving
A nor'easter making its way up the East Coast will bring widespread precipitation from Florida to Maine on Wednesday into Thursday, which could significantly impact Thanksgiving travel across the region. Rain is expected closer to the coast, with snow falling inland and at higher elevations, especially across the central Appalachians, Northeast and New England.
11NM SE Passage Canal AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 5:31 am AKST Nov 26, 2014
Forecast Valid: 9am AKST Nov 26, 2014-6pm AKST Dec 2, 2014
COASTAL WATERS FORECAST FOR THE NORTHERN GULF OF ALASKA COAST
UP TO 100 NM OUT INCLUDING KODIAK ISLAND AND COOK INLET.
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT AN AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WIND WAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisHIGH PRESSURE WILL REMAIN OVER THE GULF OF ALASKA THROUGH FRI
- Today WNW wind 5 to 10 kt. Sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tonight Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly clear. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thanksgiving Day Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of snow before 9pm, then a chance of rain and snow between 9pm and midnight, then a chance of snow after midnight. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of snow. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of snow. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday NNW wind around 10 kt. A chance of snow. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE