Storm system to bring winter weather from the Plains to New England through Monday
A storm system spinning over the central U.S. will set the stage for a widespread precipitation event across the central and eastern U.S. through Monday. A wide swath of accumulating snow will extend from Nebraska to New England. Just to the south of this area of snow, marginal temps will lead to the possibility of a transition zone of sleet and freezing rain.
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 5:31 am AKST Jan 31, 2015
Forecast Valid: 4pm AKST Jan 31, 2015-6pm AKST Feb 6, 2015
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT AN AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WIND WAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA WEATHER FRONT IN THE SOUTHERN GULF WILL REMAIN STATIONARY AND
SLOWLY WEAKEN THROUGH MON.
- This Afternoon Variable winds 5 kt or less. Sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tonight Variable winds 5 kt or less. Patchy fog. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Patchy fog before noon. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Patchy fog. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Patchy fog before noon. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Patchy fog. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday Night E wind around 10 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday NE wind around 10 kt. A chance of snow. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE