Significant threat for flash flooding continues across the southwestern U.S.; river flooding is also possible
Heavy precipitation continues to be forecast for much of the Southwest U.S. due to the remnants of Odile. The heaviest rainfall will be concentrated across southern Arizona, southern New Mexico and western Texas where 3 to 6 inches could fall through Friday, with some locales receiving up to 9 inches. Flash flooding, as well as river flooding, will be a risk for many locations in this region.
1NM WSW Valdez Narrows AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 4:57 pm AKDT Sep 17, 2014
Forecast Valid: 8pm AKDT Sep 17, 2014-6pm AKDT Sep 24, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT AN AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WIND WAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA 985 MB LOW NEAR PILOT POINT WILL GET ABSORBED INTO A 973 MB LOW
IN THE GULF OF ALASKA THU. HIGH PRESSURE IN THE WESTERN BERING SEA
WILL MOVE INTO THE CENTRAL BERING FRI AFTERNOON. A WEATHER FRONT
WILL APPROACH THE WESTERN ALEUTIANS FRI AFTERNOON.
- Tonight NE wind 5 to 10 kt. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday NNE wind 5 to 10 kt. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Rain likely. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night E wind around 10 kt. Rain likely. The rain could be heavy at times. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Rain likely, mainly before 1pm. The rain could be heavy at times. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night ENE wind 5 to 10 kt. A chance of rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday NNE wind 5 to 10 kt. A chance of rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Rain likely. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE