Rainfall and mountain snow will continue across the western U.S. into Monday
Heavy precipitation along the west coast will persist with a focus along the Coastal Ranges and Cascades. While not nearly as impressive as recent days, the forecast suggests another 1 to 3 inches of rainfall is possible across this region. Farther inland, moderate to heavy snow is likely over the Wasatch and Colorado Rockies with 1 to 2 foot amounts possible through Monday.
Valdez Narrows AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 4:32 pm AKST Dec 21, 2014
Forecast Valid: 3am AKST Dec 22, 2014-6pm AKST Dec 28, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT AN AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WIND WAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA COMPLEX LOW OVER THE WESTERN GULF WILL SLOWLY WEAKEN IN PLACE
AND DISSIPATE BY LATE MON NIGHT. A NORTH PACIFIC LOW WILL
STRENGTHEN TO 982 MB 390 NM SOUTH OF YAKUTAT TUE MORNING AND MOVE
TOWARD HAIDA GWAII TUE AFTERNOON.
- Overnight Variable winds 5 kt or less. Rain and snow showers. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Rain and snow showers, becoming all rain after 9am. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Rain and snow showers likely before 3am, then scattered snow showers. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday NNE wind 5 to 10 kt. Scattered rain and snow showers before 9am, then scattered snow showers between 9am and noon. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday Night NE wind 5 to 10 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday ENE wind 5 to 10 kt. Scattered snow showers. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Night ENE wind around 10 kt. A chance of snow showers. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Christmas Day Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of snow showers. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Night NE wind around 10 kt. A chance of snow showers. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE