Heavy rain forecast for Pacific Northwest this week
A cold front moving onshore along the Pacific Northwest and northern California coast will bring heavy rain to the region through the first part of the week. A second cold front expected to move onshore by late Tuesday, bringing additional rain and higher-elevation snow to the region.
1NM WSW Valdez Narrows AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 5:33 am AKDT Oct 20, 2014
Forecast Valid: 2pm AKDT Oct 20, 2014-6pm AKDT Oct 26, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT AN AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WIND WAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisAN ELONGATED LOW PRESSURE TROUGH NEAR ATKA WILL DISSIPATE AS IT
MOVES INTO THE NORTH PACIFIC MON MORNING. A 988 MB LOW WILL FORM
OVER BRISTOL BAY MON NIGHT THEN DISSIPATE THROUGH TUE NIGHT. A
WEATHER FRONT WILL MOVE INTO THE WESTERN BERING LATE TUE NIGHT.
- This Afternoon Variable winds 5 kt or less. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tonight Variable winds 5 kt or less. Rain before 7pm, then rain and snow. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday NE wind 5 to 10 kt. Scattered snow showers before 4pm, then a slight chance of rain and snow showers. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday Night NNE wind around 15 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday NNE wind 10 to 15 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Night NE wind 5 to 10 kt. A chance of rain between 7pm and 1am. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday NNE wind around 10 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Night NE wind around 10 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday NE wind around 10 kt. A chance of rain and snow. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE