Unseasonably cold temperatures spreading into central U.S.
A strong cold front will usher a much colder air mass into the central and eastern U.S. for the end of the work week. Temperatures will be 10 to 20 degrees below average in some areas. Rain and snow will be possible across the Great Lakes on Friday as the system crosses the area. Heavy snow is possible in the central Appalachians Friday night.
1NM WSW Valdez Narrows AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 4:32 pm AKDT Oct 30, 2014
Forecast Valid: 12am AKDT Oct 31, 2014-6pm AKST Nov 6, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT AN AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WIND WAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA 972 MB LOW 150 NM NORTH OF ADAK MOVES 130 NM SOUTHEAST OF SAINT
PAUL AT 967 MB FRI EVENING. THIS LOW THEN MOVES TO 110 NM NORTH OF
COLD BAY AT 978 MB SAT AFTERNOON.
- Overnight NNE wind around 10 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday NE wind 5 to 10 kt. A slight chance of snow showers before 1pm, then scattered rain and snow showers. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night NNE wind 5 to 10 kt. Rain and snow showers likely, mainly after 1am. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday NE wind 10 to 15 kt. Rain and snow. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night ENE wind around 10 kt. Rain and snow. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday NE wind around 10 kt. Rain and snow. Patchy fog. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Night ENE wind around 10 kt. Rain and snow, becoming all rain after 7pm. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday NNE wind 5 to 10 kt. Rain and snow likely. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday Night NE wind around 10 kt. A chance of rain and snow. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE