Chance of severe thunderstorms in the Plains on Friday
Scattered strong to severe storms will be possible from northeast Colorado and northwest Kansas into Nebraska Friday afternoon and evening, then overnight across portions of the central and northern Plains. Large hail and strong wind gusts will be the primary threats, although a tornado cannot be ruled out.
1NM WSW Valdez Narrows AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 5:10 pm AKDT Aug 21, 2014
Forecast Valid: 11pm AKDT Aug 21, 2014-6pm AKDT Aug 28, 2014
COASTAL WATERS FORECAST FOR THE NORTHERN GULF OF ALASKA COAST
UP TO 100 NM OUT INCLUDING KODIAK ISLAND AND COOK INLET.
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT AN AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WIND WAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA 1004 MB LOW 80 NM SOUTHEAST OF SHEMYA WILL MOVE TO 50 NM
NORTHEAST OF ADAK FRIDAY NIGHT. A 1002 MB NORTH PACIFIC LOW WILL
MOVE TO 450 NM SOUTHEAST OF ADAK FRIDAY NIGHT AND THEN TO 100 NM
NORTH OF DUTCH HARBOR SATURDAY AFTERNOON WITH A CENTRAL PRESSURE
OF 1000 MB.
- Overnight Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly clear early, then becoming mostly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday E wind 5 to 10 kt becoming SE in the afternoon. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Rain likely. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE