Severe weather possible for parts of central U.S.
Widespread thunderstorm activity is expected to develop on Thursday along a cold front moving eastward across the plains into the Mississippi Valley. A potential for damaging wind gusts will develop with the stronger thunderstorms. Hail will also be possible in the ArkLaTex and Ozarks.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
1NM WSW Valdez Narrows AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 7:45 pm AKDT Oct 1, 2014
Forecast Valid: 9pm AKDT Oct 1, 2014-6pm AKDT Oct 8, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT AN AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WIND WAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisHIGH PRESSURE WILL PERSIST OVER THE BERING SEA THROUGH FRI. A LOW
SOUTH OF THE ALASKA PENINSULA WILL STRENGTHEN AND MOVE INTO THE
GULF OF ALASKA THU AND PERSIST THOUGH FRI.
- Tonight Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly clear. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday NNE wind 5 to 10 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Night NNE wind 10 to 15 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday NNE wind 10 to 15 kt. Rain and snow likely before 1pm, then rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night N wind around 10 kt. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Rain likely. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night NE wind 5 to 10 kt. Rain likely. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday NNE wind around 10 kt. A chance of rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Night NNE wind around 10 kt. A chance of rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE