Last Update: 341 AM EDT TUE SEP 2 2014
Marine Zone Forecast
- SynopsisSOUTHWEST WINDS CONTINUE TODAY UNTIL A COLD FRONT MOVES ACROSS
DURING OVERNIGHT. HIGH PRESSURE WILL BUILD OVER THE NORTHEAST FOR
WEDNESDAY AND THURSDAY...THEN MOVE OFFSHORE FRIDAY.
FOR INFORMATION ON POSSIBLE HAZARDOUS WEATHER BEYOND THE 24-36 HOUR
FORECAST PERIOD...PLEASE VISIT WWW.WEATHER.GOV/BOSTON AND FOLLOW THE
CURRENT HAZARDS LINK ABOVE THE MAP ON THE LEFT.
- Today SW winds 5 to 10 kt...increasing to 10 to 15 kt this afternoon. Seas around 2 ft. Patchy fog this morning with vsby 1 nm or less.
- Tonight SW winds 5 to 10 kt. Seas around 2 ft. Patchy fog.
- Wed W winds 5 to 10 kt. Seas around 2 ft.
- Wed Night NW winds 5 to 10 kt. Seas around 2 ft.
- Thu NW winds around 5 kt...becoming S in the afternoon. Seas around 2 ft.
- Thu Night SW winds 5 to 10 kt. Seas around 2 ft.
- Fri SW winds 5 to 10 kt with gusts up to 20 kt. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Fri Night SW winds 10 to 15 kt with gusts up to 20 kt. Seas 2 to 4 ft.
- Sat SW winds 5 to 10 kt. Seas 2 to 3 ft. A chance of showers and tstms.
- Sat Night W winds 5 to 10 kt. Seas 2 to 3 ft. A chance of showers and tstms.
winds and seas higher in and near tstms.
seas are reported as significant wave height...which is the average of the highest third of the waves. individual wave heights may be more than twice the significant wave height.
WINDS AND SEAS HIGHER IN AND NEAR TSTMS. SEAS ARE REPORTED AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST THIRD OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVE HEIGHTS MAY BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Buzzards Bay
ABOUT THIS FORECAST
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE