Hazardous Weather Conditions
Last Update: 354 AM EST SAT NOV 22 2014
Marine Zone Forecast
...GALE WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 3 PM EST THIS AFTERNOON THROUGH
- SynopsisHIGH PRES WILL BUILD S OF THE WATERS TODAY THEN MOVE EAST ON SUN.
LOW PRES MOVES INTO THE GT LAKES WITH A WARM FRONT BRINGING RAIN
AND GUSTY S WINDS SUN NIGHT INTO EARLY MON. A COLD FRONT CROSSES
THE WATERS MON NIGHT INTO TUE. LOW PRES MAY TRACK S OF THE COAST
WED AND WED NIGHT.
FOR INFORMATION ON POSSIBLE HAZARDOUS WEATHER BEYOND THE 24-36 HOUR
FORECAST PERIOD...PLEASE VISIT WWW.WEATHER.GOV/BOSTON AND FOLLOW THE
CURRENT HAZARDS LINK ABOVE THE MAP ON THE LEFT.
- Today W winds 10 to 15 kt...becoming SW 15 to 20 kt this afternoon. Gusts up to 30 kt. Seas 2 to 4 ft.
- Tonight SW winds 20 to 25 kt...diminishing to 15 to 20 kt after midnight. Gusts up to 35 kt. Seas 3 to 5 ft.
- Sun SW winds 15 to 20 kt...diminishing to 10 to 15 kt in the afternoon. Gusts up to 25 kt. Seas 2 to 4 ft.
- Sun Night SW winds 5 to 10 kt with gusts up to 20 kt... Becoming S 10 to 15 kt after midnight. Seas 2 to 3 ft. Rain likely.
- Mon S winds 15 to 20 kt with gusts up to 25 kt. Seas 3 to 5 ft. Rain.
- Mon Night SW winds 15 to 20 kt...diminishing to 10 to 15 kt after midnight. Seas 3 to 5 ft. A chance of showers.
- Tue SW winds 10 to 15 kt with gusts up to 30 kt. Seas 2 to 4 ft.
- Tue Night W winds 10 to 15 kt with gusts up to 25 kt. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Wed N winds around 5 kt. Seas around 2 ft. A chance of rain.
- Wed Night N winds 5 to 10 kt. Seas 1 foot or less. A chance of rain. Vsby 1 to 3 nm.
seas are reported as significant wave height...which is the average of the highest third of the waves. individual wave heights may be more than twice the significant wave height.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Buzzards Bay
ABOUT THIS FORECAST
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE