A stalled frontal boundary and ample monsoonal moisture will lead to flash flood potential from the Great Basin to the Great Plains tonight and Tuesday
A stalled frontal boundary will set up along the southern and central Rockies for the next couple of days providing focus for showers and thunderstorms. In addition, ample monsoonal moisture will stream in across the southwest bringing enough moisture to introduce a flash flood threat from the Great Basin and Southwest eastward across the central and southern Rockies into the adjacent Plains.
Wind SpeedNW 3 mph
Barometer29.73 in (1006.6 mb)
Current conditions at
Meriden Markham Municipal Airport (KMMK)
Lat: 41.51 Lon: -72.83 Elev: 102ft.
Today Sunny. Highs around 80. Northwest winds 5 to 10 mph... Becoming west this afternoon. Tonight Mostly clear in the evening...then becoming partly cloudy. Lows in the upper 50s. Southwest winds 5 to 10 mph in the evening...becoming light and variable. Wednesday Partly sunny. Isolated sprinkles in the afternoon. Highs in the lower 80s. Northwest winds around 5 mph...becoming southwest around 5 mph in the afternoon. Wednesday Night Partly cloudy. Lows in the upper 50s. South winds around 5 mph. Thursday Partly sunny. A slight chance of showers in the afternoon. Highs in the lower 80s. Southwest winds around 5 mph... Increasing to around 10 mph in the afternoon. Chance of rain 20 percent. Thursday Night Mostly clear. Lows in the lower 60s. Friday Partly sunny. Highs in the lower 80s. Friday Night Mostly cloudy. Lows in the lower 60s. Saturday Mostly cloudy with a 40 percent chance of showers. Highs in the upper 70s. Saturday Night Mostly cloudy. A chance of showers in the evening. Lows in the lower 60s. Chance of rain 40 percent. Sunday Mostly cloudy. A chance of showers in the afternoon. Highs in the upper 70s. Chance of rain 40 percent. Sunday Night Mostly cloudy with a 30 percent chance of showers. Lows in the mid 60s. Monday Partly sunny. A chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs in the lower 80s. Chance of rain 30 percent.
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE