Active pattern for the Pacific Northwest this week while a coastal low takes aim on the Northeast later this week
Thunderstorms with heavy rainfall is forecast to bring 5 to 7 inches of rainfall, with localized heavier amounts, to the Pacific Northwest throughout the week. Across the higher mountain elevations, measurable snow is likely. The Northeast will also be the focus of showers and thunderstorms beginning mid-week as a coastal low meanders of the Mid-Atlantic coast.
Barometer29.90 in (1012.4 mb)
Current conditions at
White Plains, Westchester County Airport (KHPN)
Lat: 41.08 Lon: -73.72 Elev: 400ft.
Today Cloudy. Scattered showers this morning...then scattered showers with isolated thunderstorms this afternoon. Highs in the mid 60s. Southeast winds around 5 mph. Chance of rain 40 percent. Tonight Cloudy. A chance of showers with isolated thunderstorms in the evening...then rain likely after midnight. Patchy fog. Lows in the upper 40s. North winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 60 percent. Wednesday Rain. Patchy fog. Highs in the mid 50s. North winds 5 to 10 mph with gusts up to 20 mph. Chance of rain 80 percent. Wednesday Night Periods of rain. Patchy fog. Lows in the mid 40s. North winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 80 percent. Thursday Rain likely. Highs in the upper 50s. North winds 10 to 15 mph with gusts up to 25 mph. Chance of rain 70 percent. Thursday Night Cloudy with a 40 percent chance of showers. Lows in the upper 40s. Friday Mostly cloudy in the morning...then becoming partly sunny. Highs around 60. Friday Night Mostly cloudy in the evening...then becoming partly cloudy. Lows in the mid 40s. Saturday Mostly sunny. Highs in the lower 60s. Saturday Night Mostly clear. Lows in the upper 40s. Sunday Sunny. Highs in the upper 50s. Sunday Night Mostly clear. Lows in the mid 40s. Monday Sunny. Highs in the mid 60s.
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE