Issued by NWS Brownsville, TX
FGUS84 KBRO 271423
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE BROWNSVILLE TX
923 AM CDT WED MAY 27 2015
...This statement is for the following creek or river: Rio Grande River...
For the Rio Grande River Near San Benito.
* Latest stage: 49.8 feet (15.2 meters) at 8 AM Wednesday.
* Bankfull stage: 44.0 feet (13.4 meters).
* Flood stage: 55.0 feet (16.8 meters).
* Forecast: No flooding is occurring. No flooding is forecast. The
maximum stage forecast is 53.3 feet (16.2 meters) at
1 PM Saturday.
* At 55.0 feet (16.8 meters), minor lowland flooding reaches into the lowest
sections of the flood plain inside the levees with no significant damage.
* This crest compares to a previous crest of 53.1 feet (16.2 meters) on Sep 28
For the Rio Grande River At Lower Brownsville.
* Latest stage: 18.6 feet (5.7 meters) at 8 AM Wednesday.
* Bankfull stage: 24.0 feet (7.3 meters).
* Flood stage: 27.0 feet (8.2 meters).
* Forecast: No flooding is occurring. No flooding is forecast.
The maximum stage forecast is 24.4 feet (7.4 meters)
at 7 PM Sunday.
* At 24.0 feet (7.3 meters), the river exceeds the lowest sections of the banks
inside the levees.
For the latest river stages and forecasts visit our web page at
WWW.SRH.NOAA.GOV/BRO. In the blue menu section on the left of the page...under
the "CURRENT WEATHER" submenu...click on "RIVERS/LAKES" which takes you to our
AHPS web page.
Stay tuned to NOAA weather radio and the National Weather Service in Brownsville
for later statements or warnings.
Below are the latest river stages and crest forecasts
Bank Flood Latest Forecast 6AM LST
Location Full Stage Stage Day Time Thu Fri Sat
Rio Grande River
San Benito 44 55 49.8 Wed 08 AM 51.4 52.7 53.2
Lower Brownsville 24 27 18.6 Wed 08 AM 20.6 22.5 23.8