Issued by NWS Knoxville/Tri Cities, TN
WGUS84 KMRX 241531
National Weather Service Morristown, Tennessee
1131 AM EDT Mon Apr 24 2017
...The Flood Warning continues for the following rivers ...
Sequatchie River Near Whitwell TN affecting Bledsoe...Marion and
Two to five inches of rainfall over the weekend resulted in several
rivers rising above flood stage. River flooding is ongoing.
Most deaths in floods occur in automobiles. If you come to a closed
or flooded road, Turn Around! Don`t Drown! For more details, stay
tuned to NOAA Weather Radio or commercial television or radio
stations that carry weather information.
1031 AM CDT Mon Apr 24 2017
...Flood Warning extended until Tuesday evening...The Flood Warning
The Sequatchie River Near Whitwell TN.
* Until Tuesday evening.
* At 10:15 AM Monday the stage was 14.8 feet.
* Flood stage is 14.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring and Minor flooding is forecast.
* Forecast...The river will continue rising to near 15.0 feet by this
afternoon...but is then expected to begin falling. The river will
fall below flood stage by Tuesday afternoon.
* At 16.0 feet...Flooding of agricultural land becomes more
extensive. Water reaches the bottom of the river gage house.
LAT...LON 3510 8561 3555 8528 3552 8523 3507 8554