Special Weather Statement
Issued by NWS Sterling, VA

Current Version | Previous Version | Text Only | Print | Product List | Glossary On
Versions: 1 2 3 4
000 WWUS81 KLWX 131953 SPSLWX Special Weather Statement National Weather Service Baltimore MD/Washington DC 253 PM EST Wed Dec 13 2017 DCZ001-MDZ004>006-011-013-014-016-503>508-VAZ052>056-501-502-505- 506-140400- District of Columbia-Frederick MD-Carroll-Northern Baltimore- Southern Baltimore-Prince Georges-Anne Arundel-Charles- Northwest Montgomery-Central and Southeast Montgomery- Northwest Howard-Central and Southeast Howard-Northwest Harford- Southeast Harford-Prince William/Manassas/Manassas Park-Fairfax- Arlington/Falls Church/Alexandria-Stafford-Spotsylvania- Northern Fauquier-Southern Fauquier-Western Loudoun- Eastern Loudoun- Including the cities of Washington, Frederick, Ballenger Creek, Eldersburg, Westminster, Reisterstown, Cockeysville, Baltimore, Bowie, Suitland-Silver Hill, Clinton, College Park, Greenbelt, Laurel, Camp Springs, Glen Burnie, Annapolis, Severn, South Gate, Severna Park, Arnold, Odenton, St. Charles, Waldorf, Germantown, Damascus, Bethesda, Rockville, Gaithersburg, Silver Spring, Lisbon, Columbia, Ellicott City, Jarrettsville, Aberdeen, Dale City, Manassas, Woodbridge, Lake Ridge, Montclair, Reston, Herndon, Annandale, Centreville, Chantilly, McLean, Franconia, Arlington, Alexandria, Falmouth, Fredericksburg, Warrenton, Turnbull, Purcellville, Leesburg, Ashburn, and Sterling 253 PM EST Wed Dec 13 2017 ...POTENTIAL WINTER COMMUTING HAZARD FOR THE BALTIMORE / WASHINGTON METRO AREAS FOR THURSDAY MORNING... There is a potential for hazardous commuting conditions for the Thursday morning commute. Light snow showers (with potential large impact due to sub-freezing roads) are POSSIBLE between 7pm and 4am tonight. There is a 40 percent chance for Washington, and a 60 percent chance for Baltimore. If there is accumulation, it is expected to be less than an inch. If this threat of light snow on frigid roads does materialize overnight, the Thursday morning rush-hour could quickly turn icy on untreated roads. This could lead to hazardous traveling conditions, multiple accidents, and extensive delays. If commuting Thursday morning, be aware of the POSSIBILITY of travel disruptions and icy roads. Plan ahead by allowing for extra travel time, and consider using public transportation and telework options. Stay tuned for updates on this potential winter weather episode. For more info on this type of threat, see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIPWz1Y5p8w $$ STRONG

USA.gov is the U.S. government's official web portal to all federal, state and local government web resources and services.