Complex Winter Storm Impacting Central and Eastern U.S.
Significant winter weather continues to plague several areas as a storm system tracks from the Gulf Coast to the Northeast on Sunday. Snow, sleet and freezing rain are forecast from the Lower Mississippi River Valley northeastward to New England, with extensive freezing rain possible across the southern and central Appalachians and foothills from North Carolina to central Pennsylvania.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNE 8 mph
- Barometer30.47 in
- Dewpoint-4°F (-20°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill-10°F (-23°C)
Current conditions at
Appleton / Outagamie (KATW)
Lat: 44.26 Lon: -88.52 Elev: 919ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today Snow, mainly after 11am. High near 19. Light and variable wind becoming east northeast 5 to 8 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total daytime snow accumulation of around an inch possible.
- Tonight Snow, mainly before 4am. Low around 15. East wind 5 to 8 mph becoming light and variable. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of around 3 inches.
- Monday A 20 percent chance of snow before 7am, then areas of blowing snow after 7am. Cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly sunny, with a temperature falling to around 11 by 5pm. West wind 9 to 18 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.
- Monday Night Areas of blowing snow before 7pm. Partly cloudy, with a low around -5. Wind chill values between -10 and -20. West wind 9 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 22 mph.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 15. West wind 10 to 18 mph, with gusts as high as 29 mph.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 0.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny and cold, with a high near 5.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -6.
- Thursday A chance of flurries. Partly sunny, with a high near 16.
- Thursday Night A chance of flurries. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 7.
- Friday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 24.
- Friday Night Cloudy, with a low around 14.
- Saturday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 21.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Outagamie County, WI
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE