Complex Winter Storm Impacting Central and Eastern U.S.
Significant winter weather continues to plague several areas as a storm system tracks from the Gulf Coast to the Northeast on Sunday. Snow, sleet and freezing rain are forecast from the Lower Mississippi River Valley northeastward to New England, with extensive freezing rain possible across the southern and central Appalachians and foothills from North Carolina to central Pennsylvania.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Overcast with Haze
- Wind SpeedSE 3 mph
- Barometer30.12 in (1025.9 mb)
- Dewpoint-14°F (-26°C)
- Visibility6.00 mi
Current conditions at
Bismarck Municipal Airport (KBIS)
Lat: 46.78 Lon: -100.75 Elev: 1683ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today Snow likely, mainly before 1pm. Cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly sunny and cold, with a high near 1. Wind chill values as low as -20. South wind 5 to 9 mph becoming west in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 60%. Total daytime snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Tonight Partly cloudy, with a low around -14. Wind chill values as low as -30. Northwest wind 9 to 14 mph, with gusts as high as 22 mph.
- Monday A 30 percent chance of snow after noon. Increasing clouds and cold, with a high near 8. Wind chill values as low as -30. West wind 7 to 16 mph becoming southwest in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 25 mph. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Monday Night Patchy blowing snow between 10pm and 2am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 3. Wind chill values as low as -15. Blustery, with a northwest wind 14 to 24 mph, with gusts as high as 34 mph.
- Tuesday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 11. Northwest wind 11 to 14 mph, with gusts as high as 22 mph.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -11.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny and cold, with a high near 7.
- Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 0.
- Thursday Partly sunny, with a high near 19.
- Thursday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 7.
- Friday Cloudy, with a high near 12.
- Friday Night Cloudy, with a low around 0.
- Saturday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 14.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Burleigh County, ND
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE