Major Winter Storm Continues Across Central, Eastern U.S.
The major winter storm that has been affecting much of the central U.S. continues to move eastward on Friday, bringing a variety of hazards from the southern Plains to New England, including a significant ice storm. Heavy snow and freezing rain are expected from the Ohio Valley into central Texas. Icy conditions will cause dangerous driving conditions and extended power outages are possible.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNA
Current conditions at
Petersburg, Grant County Airport (KW99)
Lat: 38.98 Lon: -79.13 Elev: 961ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Rain before midnight, then rain, possibly mixed with snow. Low around 33. Calm wind becoming northwest 5 to 9 mph in the evening. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
- Saturday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 39. Northwest wind 8 to 11 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph.
- Saturday Night Increasing clouds, with a low around 26. Northwest wind 5 to 7 mph becoming calm in the evening.
- Sunday Snow likely before noon, then snow and sleet between noon and 4pm, then freezing rain and sleet after 4pm. High near 34. East wind 3 to 6 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible.
- Sunday Night Freezing rain and sleet before 8pm, then freezing rain between 8pm and 4am, then rain or freezing rain after 4am. Low around 30. South wind around 6 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Monday Rain, mainly before 9am. High near 43. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Monday Night A chance of rain and snow before 1am, then a chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 30. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 37.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 19.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 33.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 20.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 32.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 20.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 40.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Eastern Pendleton, WV
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE