Strengthening winter storm impacting Northeast; severe weather possible in Mid-Atlantic
A developing storm system will move from the Ohio Valley into the Northeast on Wednesday, bringing accumulating snow from the Lower Great Lakes to northern New England. Some areas could see more than a foot of snow. Meanwhile, there is a Slight Risk of severe thunderstorms in the Mid-Atlantic, with damaging winds as the main threat.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedCalm
- Barometer29.66 in (1004.4 mb)
- Dewpoint34°F (1°C)
- Visibility8.00 mi
Current conditions at
Boston, Logan International Airport (KBOS)
Lat: 42.38°N Lon: 71.03°W Elev: 20ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today Rain likely, mainly after 4pm. Patchy fog after 5pm. Otherwise, cloudy, with a high near 48. East wind 5 to 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Tonight Rain before 3am, then rain and sleet between 3am and 4am, then rain, snow, and sleet after 4am. Patchy fog before 8pm, then Patchy fog between 9pm and 2am. Low around 18. Northeast wind 10 to 17 mph becoming north after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 34 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow and sleet accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Thursday Snow showers, mainly before noon. High near 21. Blustery, with a northwest wind 18 to 23 mph, with gusts as high as 39 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of around an inch possible.
- Thursday Night Mostly cloudy during the early evening, then gradual clearing, with a low around 10. Wind chill values as low as -4. Northwest wind 14 to 18 mph.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 36. Southwest wind around 10 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 29.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 51.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 30.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 42.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 20.
- Monday Partly sunny, with a high near 31.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 18.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 35.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Southeast Middlesex, MA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE