Complex Winter Storm Impacting Central and Eastern U.S.
Significant winter weather continues to plague several areas as a storm system tracks from the Gulf Coast to the Northeast on Sunday. Snow, sleet and freezing rain are forecast from the Lower Mississippi River Valley northeastward to New England, with extensive freezing rain possible across the southern and central Appalachians and foothills from North Carolina to central Pennsylvania.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedN 6 mph
- Barometer30.57 in (1036.0 mb)
- Dewpoint16°F (-9°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill23°F (-5°C)
Current conditions at
White Plains, Westchester County Airport (KHPN)
Lat: 41.08 Lon: -73.72 Elev: 400ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today A chance of snow, mainly after 1pm. Cloudy, with a high near 32. Northeast wind 3 to 6 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%. Total daytime snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Tonight Snow before midnight, then snow and sleet between midnight and 2am, then periods of freezing rain and sleet after 2am. Low around 28. East wind 3 to 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New ice accumulation of less than a 0.1 of an inch possible. New snow and sleet accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
- Monday Periods of rain, mainly before 2pm. High near 44. East wind 6 to 8 mph becoming west in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 28. Northwest wind 6 to 11 mph.
- Tuesday A slight chance of snow after 11am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 35. West wind around 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 22.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 28.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 17.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 26.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 16.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 30.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 16.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 32.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Northern Westchester, NY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE