Winter Storm to Impact Parts of the Midwest, Northern Appalachians and New England
A storm system will take shape over the central U.S. on Friday, with heavy snow in portions of the Midwest and Ohio Valley. On Saturday, the snow will shift northeast and extend from the Ohio Valley into the New England states. Also, freezing rain will be possible from northwestern Arkansas into Indiana on Friday and along the Central Appalachians into the southern New England on Saturday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedW 5 mph
- Barometer30.16 in (1022.4 mb)
- Dewpoint3°F (-16°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill13°F (-11°C)
Current conditions at
White Plains, Westchester County Airport (KHPN)
Lat: 41.08 Lon: -73.72 Elev: 400ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Partly cloudy, with a low around 13. West wind 6 to 10 mph.
- Friday Partly sunny, with a high near 29. Wind chill values as low as zero. West wind 10 to 14 mph.
- Friday Night A slight chance of flurries before midnight, then a slight chance of light snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 17. North wind 5 to 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Saturday Snow, mainly after 7am. High near 26. East wind 6 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.
- Saturday Night Snow before 1am, then snow and freezing rain. Low around 23. East wind 10 to 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Sunday Snow and freezing rain likely before 10am, then a chance of rain and snow between 10am and 1pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 35. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 16.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 28.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 15.
- Tuesday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 35.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 23.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 36.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 21.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 36.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Northern Westchester, NY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE