Major Winter Storm Continues Moving into the Eastern Third of the U.S. While Another System Begins Impacting the West Coast
Snow, sleet, freezing rain and heavy rainfall will continue to impact the eastern third of the U.S. through the weekend. Extremely cold temperatures will continue to settle into the western two-thirds of the country behind this storm system. In the meantime, a reinforcing shot of cold air is beginning to impact the West Coast as the next system approaches.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedN 10 mph
- Barometer30.29 in (1025.8 mb)
- Dewpoint35°F (2°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill32°F (0°C)
Current conditions at
Chattanooga, Lovell Field (KCHA)
Lat: 35.04 Lon: -85.2 Elev: 689ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today A slight chance of rain before 9am, then a slight chance of rain after 4pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 47. North wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Tonight Rain likely, mainly after midnight. Cloudy, with a low around 41. North wind 5 to 10 mph becoming light and variable after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Sunday Rain. High near 47. Southeast wind around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible.
- Sunday Night Rain. The rain could be heavy at times. Low around 45. Southeast wind around 5 mph becoming calm. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
- Monday Rain. High near 51. Calm wind becoming northwest around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Monday Night Showers. Low around 36. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Tuesday A 40 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 45.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 27.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 46.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 28.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 49.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 29.
- Friday A 20 percent chance of showers. Mostly sunny, with a high near 48.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Walker County, GA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE