Developing storm system in the Midwest moves east on Wednesday
A strengthening low pressure system will move from the Midwest to the Northeast on Wednesday. As it does, it will bring a variety of wintry weather to a large portion of the country. Hardest hit areas are expected to be in the Northeast and New England where 1 to 2 feet of snow is possible.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedSW 10 mph
- Barometer29.57 in
- Dewpoint34°F (1°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Columbus / Bakalar (KBAK)
Lat: 39.26°N Lon: 85.88°W Elev: 656ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight A chance of rain and thunderstorms, then rain and possibly a thunderstorm after midnight. Low around 43. South southwest wind around 6 mph becoming calm. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Wednesday Rain and snow, possibly mixed with sleet, becoming all snow after 2pm. Some thunder is also possible. Temperature falling to around 28 by 5pm. Breezy, with a north wind 17 to 25 mph, with gusts as high as 44 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow and sleet accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Wednesday Night A 30 percent chance of snow before 8pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 12. North northwest wind 11 to 18 mph, with gusts as high as 26 mph.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 36. Wind chill values as low as zero. Northwest wind 5 to 8 mph becoming southwest in the afternoon.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 28. South wind around 8 mph.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 56. Breezy.
- Friday Night A 30 percent chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 36.
- Saturday Mostly sunny, with a high near 54.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 32.
- Sunday A 20 percent chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 45.
- Sunday Night A slight chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 24. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Monday Partly sunny, with a high near 40.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 26.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 51.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Bartholomew County, IN
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE