Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes through Thursday. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-20 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains through Thursday. Wind Chill Advisories are in effect for parts of the Midwest.
- Wind SpeedSW 5 mph
- Barometer30.29 in (1025.5 mb)
- Dewpoint23°F (-5°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill25°F (-4°C)
Current conditions at
Danville Regional Airport (KDAN)
Lat: 36.58 Lon: -79.33 Elev: 577ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Mostly clear, with a low around 24. Northwest wind around 7 mph.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 42. Northwest wind 7 to 9 mph.
- Thursday Night Clear, with a low around 19. Northwest wind around 5 mph becoming calm after midnight.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 49. Southwest wind 3 to 8 mph.
- Friday Night A slight chance of rain after 1am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 32. Southwest wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Saturday Rain. High near 43. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Saturday Night Rain likely, mainly before 1am. Cloudy, with a low around 36. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 47.
- Sunday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 27.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 42.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 27.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 48.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 31.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 48.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Pittsylvania, VA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE