Major Winter Storm Continues Moving into the Eastern Third of the U.S. While Another System Begins Impacting the West Coast
Snow, sleet, freezing rain and heavy rainfall will continue to impact the eastern third of the U.S. through the weekend. Extremely cold temperatures will continue to settle into the western two-thirds of the country behind this storm system. In the meantime, a reinforcing shot of cold air is beginning to impact the West Coast as the next system approaches.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNW 12 mph
- Barometer30.58 in
- Dewpoint-15°F (-26°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill-29°F (-34°C)
Current conditions at
Moorhead Municipal Airport (KJKJ)
Lat: 46.84 Lon: -96.66 Elev: 919ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Mostly clear, with a low around -24. Wind chill values as low as -45. West wind around 11 mph.
- Saturday Mostly sunny, with a high near -4. Wind chill values as low as -46. West southwest wind 7 to 11 mph.
- Saturday Night A 20 percent chance of snow after midnight. Partly cloudy, with a temperature falling to near -15 by 8pm, then rising to around -6 during the remainder of the night. Wind chill values as low as -29. South southwest wind around 6 mph becoming southeast after midnight.
- Sunday A 50 percent chance of snow. Cloudy, with a high near 10. Wind chill values as low as -18. South southeast wind 5 to 9 mph.
- Sunday Night A 50 percent chance of snow, mainly before midnight. Mostly cloudy, with a low around -11. Light and variable wind becoming west northwest 8 to 13 mph in the evening.
- Monday Partly sunny, with a high near 0.
- Monday Night A 20 percent chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around -6.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 2.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -14.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 1.
- Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around -5.
- Thursday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 16.
- Thursday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 5.
- Friday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 11.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Clay County, MN
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE