Winter Storm Impacting Southern Plains through Ohio Valley
A major icing event is forecast through Friday across portions of the southern Great Plains toward the Lower Ohio Valley, where Winter and Ice Storm Warnings are in effect. Prolonged power outages are possible for this region. This storm system will also bring heavy snow from the Ohio Valley to the mid-Miss. Valley, with heavy rain possible from the central Appalachians to the lower Miss. Valley.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedN 8 mph
- Barometer30.07 in (1017.9 mb)
- Dewpoint38°F (3°C)
- Visibility8.00 mi
- Wind Chill38°F (3°C)
Current conditions at
Muscle Shoals, North West Alabama Regional Airport (KMSL)
Lat: 34.75 Lon: -87.61 Elev: 540ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Rain. Low around 39. Northeast wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%.
- Friday Rain. High near 40. Northeast wind 5 to 10 mph becoming northwest in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 100%.
- Friday Night A chance of rain or freezing rain before midnight, then a chance of freezing drizzle. Cloudy, with a low around 29. North wind 10 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Saturday Cloudy, with a high near 40. North wind around 15 mph.
- Saturday Night Rain. Low around 35. Northeast wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
- Sunday Rain. The rain could be heavy at times. High near 49. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
- Sunday Night Rain likely. Cloudy, with a low around 37. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Monday A 50 percent chance of rain. Cloudy, with a high near 43.
- Monday Night A slight chance of rain and snow. Cloudy, with a low around 23. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 39.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 23.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 43.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 24.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 46.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Lauderdale County, AL
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE