Winter Weather Impacting the Eastern U.S. Tuesday
Snow is falling from Tennessee Valley into the Mid-Atlantic and New England Tuesday . The fast moving system is creating swath of 2 to 7 inches of snow from southwest Virginia to the New England coast. Heavy Lake Effect snows will also impact the Lower Great Lakes into later this week, with up to two feet of accumulation.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedSW 15 G 22 mph
- Barometer30.12 in (1019.7 mb)
- Dewpoint68°F (20°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Heat Index81°F (27°C)
Current conditions at
Gainesville Regional Airport (KGNV)
Lat: 29.68 Lon: -82.27 Elev: 134ft.
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Showers likely, mainly before 5pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 78. West wind 8 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Tonight A 30 percent chance of showers, mainly before 8pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 47. Northeast wind 6 to 9 mph.
- Wednesday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 71. Northeast wind 6 to 8 mph.
- Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 51. North wind 5 to 7 mph.
- Thursday Partly sunny, with a high near 67. North wind 8 to 11 mph.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 40.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 71.
- Friday Night A 20 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 53.
- Saturday A 50 percent chance of showers. Cloudy, with a high near 76. Breezy.
- Saturday Night Showers likely. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 59. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Sunday A 40 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 70.
- Sunday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 45.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 66.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Alachua County, FL
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE