Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes through Thursday. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-20 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains through Thursday. Wind Chill Advisories are in effect for parts of the Midwest.
- Wind SpeedNW 10 G 16 mph
- Barometer30.36 in (1028.2 mb)
- Dewpoint2°F (-17°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill45°F (7°C)
Current conditions at
Gainesville, Gilmer Memorial Airport (KGVL)
Lat: 34.26 Lon: -83.83 Elev: 1276ft.
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Sunny, with a high near 46. Northwest wind around 10 mph, with gusts as high as 15 mph.
- Tonight Clear, with a low around 29. Northwest wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 50. Calm wind becoming south around 5 mph in the afternoon.
- Friday Night Rain likely after 2am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 40. East wind around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Saturday Rain. High near 46. Northeast wind 5 to 10 mph, with gusts as high as 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%.
- Saturday Night Occasional rain, mainly before 2am. Low around 42. Chance of precipitation is 100%.
- Sunday A 50 percent chance of rain, mainly before 8am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 49.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 32.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 52.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 34.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 54.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 34.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 54.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Hall County, GA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE