Proposed changes to icons on NWS Point Forecast Pages
The National Weather Service is collecting comments on proposed changes to the icons we use on our Point Forecast Pages. These changes are intended to enhance communication of rapidly changing weather conditions, while also highlighting current weather hazards.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedW 6 mph
- Barometer30.23 in (1024.0 mb)
- Dewpoint14°F (-10°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill39°F (4°C)
Current conditions at
Gainesville, Gilmer Memorial Airport (KGVL)
Lat: 34.26°N Lon: 83.83°W Elev: 1276ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Clear, with a low around 33. Calm wind.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 63. Light and variable wind becoming southwest 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 15 mph.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 45. Southwest wind 5 to 10 mph, with gusts as high as 15 mph.
- Saturday A 30 percent chance of showers, mainly after 2pm. Cloudy, with a high near 65. West wind 5 to 10 mph, with gusts as high as 15 mph.
- Saturday Night Showers, mainly after 8pm. Low around 49. Southwest wind around 5 mph becoming east after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 100%.
- Sunday Showers, with thunderstorms also possible after 8am. High near 59. Chance of precipitation is 100%.
- Sunday Night Showers and possibly a thunderstorm before 8pm, then a chance of showers. Low around 42. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Monday A 50 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 55.
- Monday Night A 20 percent chance of showers. Mostly clear, with a low around 38.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 62.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 44.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 65.
- Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 45.
- Thursday Partly sunny, with a high near 66.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Hall County, GA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE