Heavy Lake-Effect Snow Across the Great Lakes this Week
Cold winds over the relatively warm Great Lakes will promote heavy lake-effect snow downwind of the lakes through at least Thursday. The heaviest snow will occur in Upstate New York downwind of Lakes Erie and Ontario where up to two feet of snow could fall this week.
- Wind SpeedCalm
- Barometer30.40 in (1030.2 mb)
- Dewpoint25°F (-4°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Greensboro, Piedmont Triad International Airport (KGSO)
Lat: 36.01 Lon: -79.95 Elev: 902ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today Sunny, with a high near 50. Light west wind becoming southwest 5 to 9 mph in the afternoon.
- Tonight Mostly clear, with a low around 27. Southwest wind 5 to 7 mph becoming northwest after midnight.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 41. North wind 7 to 11 mph.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 24. Northwest wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 48. Calm wind becoming southwest 5 to 7 mph in the morning.
- Friday Night A slight chance of rain or drizzle after 1am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 37. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Saturday Rain. The rain could be heavy at times. High near 46. Chance of precipitation is 100%.
- Saturday Night Rain. Low around 39. Chance of precipitation is 100%.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 48.
- Sunday Night Clear, with a low around 26.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 40.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 25.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 42.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Guilford County, NC
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE