Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes through Thursday. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-20 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains through Thursday. Wind Chill Advisories are in effect for parts of the Midwest.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedSW 7 mph
- Barometer30.19 in (1023.3 mb)
- Dewpoint15°F (-9°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill21°F (-6°C)
Current conditions at
White Plains, Westchester County Airport (KHPN)
Lat: 41.08 Lon: -73.72 Elev: 400ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Mostly cloudy, with a low around 19. Northwest wind 7 to 9 mph.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 29. Northwest wind around 11 mph.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 17. West wind 8 to 10 mph.
- Friday Partly sunny, with a high near 30. West wind 11 to 14 mph.
- Friday Night A slight chance of snow after 3am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 21. West wind 6 to 10 mph becoming north after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Saturday Snow likely, mainly after noon. Cloudy, with a high near 32. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Saturday Night Snow before 3am, then snow and freezing rain. Low around 26. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Sunday A chance of rain, snow, and freezing rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 38. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 20.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 31.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 14.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 31.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 26.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 33.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Southern Fairfield, CT
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE