Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes through Thursday. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-20 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains through Thursday. Wind Chill Advisories are in effect for parts of the Midwest.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedSW 9 mph
- Barometer30.29 in
- Dewpoint-5°F (-21°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill27°F (-3°C)
Current conditions at
Staunton / Shenandoah (KSHD)
Lat: 38.28 Lon: -78.85 Elev: 1201ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Mostly clear, with a low around 17. Southwest wind 6 to 8 mph.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 42. West wind 6 to 8 mph.
- Friday Night Snow likely after 4am. Cloudy, with a low around 29. Light southwest wind. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Saturday Snow and sleet before 1pm, then snow, freezing rain, and sleet between 1pm and 4pm, then freezing rain and sleet after 4pm. High near 34. Calm wind becoming southeast around 6 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Saturday Night A chance of rain or freezing rain. Cloudy, with a low around 30. Light and variable wind. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Sunday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 41.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 19.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 37.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 24.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 44.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 25.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 43.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 26.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 45.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Rockingham, VA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE