Winter Weather Affecting Much of the Country
Winter weather conditions are affecting much of the country this week. Cold air is plunging into the Western and Central U.S., as heavy snow continues across the Northern Plains and Great Lakes. As the system moves east and south, a major icing event is forecast for portions of the Southern Plains to the Ozarks and into the Ohio Valley beginning Thursday.
- Wind SpeedNE 3 MPH
- Barometer30.31 in (1026.7 mb)
- Dewpoint14°F (-10°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Portland, Portland-Hillsboro Airport (KHIO)
Lat: 45.54806 Lon: -122.95444 Elev: 203ft.
2 Miles WSW Hillsboro OR
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Clear, with a low around 16. Light northeast wind.
- Thursday Increasing clouds, with a high near 34. Light east wind.
- Thursday Night A 30 percent chance of snow after 10pm. Cloudy, with a low around 19. Calm wind becoming east 5 to 7 mph in the evening. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
- Friday A 30 percent chance of snow before 10am. Cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly sunny, with a high near 32. East northeast wind 9 to 14 mph, with gusts as high as 22 mph. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
- Friday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 15. East northeast wind 9 to 13 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph.
- Saturday Sunny, with a high near 28.
- Saturday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 10.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 32.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 15.
- Monday Partly sunny, with a high near 35.
- Monday Night A slight chance of rain or freezing rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 26.
- Tuesday A chance of rain. Cloudy, with a high near 39.
- Tuesday Night A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 33.
- Wednesday Rain likely. Cloudy, with a high near 42.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Greater Portland Metro Area, OR
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE