Major Winter Storm Continues Moving into the Eastern Third of the U.S. While Another System Begins Impacting the West Coast
Snow, sleet, freezing rain and heavy rainfall will continue to impact the eastern third of the U.S. through the weekend. Extremely cold temperatures will continue to settle into the western two-thirds of the country behind this storm system. In the meantime, a reinforcing shot of cold air is beginning to impact the West Coast as the next system approaches.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedN 7 MPH
- Barometer29.88 in (1019.3 mb)
- Dewpoint2°F (-17°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill-5°F (-21°C)
Current conditions at
Idaho Falls Regional Airport (KIDA)
Lat: 43.52083 Lon: -112.06611 Elev: 4741ft.
Idaho Falls ID
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight A 30 percent chance of snow. Cloudy, with a low around 2. Wind chill values as low as -11. North northeast wind around 5 mph. Total nighttime snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Saturday Snow likely, mainly before 11am. Cloudy, with a high near 18. Wind chill values as low as -12. North northeast wind 6 to 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
- Saturday Night A 40 percent chance of snow, mainly before 11pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 3. Wind chill values as low as -9. West northwest wind 7 to 9 mph. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Sunday A 20 percent chance of snow after 11am. Partly sunny and cold, with a high near 10. Wind chill values as low as -11. Southwest wind 8 to 13 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -2. Southwest wind 6 to 8 mph.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 13.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -1.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 20.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 5.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 27.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 13.
- Thursday A slight chance of snow. Partly sunny, with a high near 31.
- Thursday Night A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 17.
- Friday A slight chance of snow. Partly sunny, with a high near 31.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Upper Snake River Plain, ID
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE