Heavy Lake-Effect Snow Across the Great Lakes this Week
Cold winds over the relatively warm Great Lakes will promote heavy lake-effect snow downwind of the lakes through at least Thursday. The heaviest snow will occur in Upstate New York downwind of Lakes Erie and Ontario where up to two feet of snow could fall this week.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNE 5 mph
- Barometer30.39 in (1029.1 mb)
- Dewpoint20°F (-7°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill15°F (-9°C)
Current conditions at
Jonesboro Municipal Airport (KJBR)
Lat: 35.83 Lon: -90.65 Elev: 269ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Patchy freezing fog. Mostly clear, with a low around 21. Calm wind.
- Wednesday Patchy freezing fog before 7am. Mostly sunny, with a high near 37. Light and variable wind becoming north 5 to 10 mph in the morning.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 14. North northeast wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 32. Northeast wind around 5 mph becoming south in the afternoon.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 23. South southwest wind around 5 mph.
- Friday A 50 percent chance of rain, mainly after 1pm. Increasing clouds, with a high near 42. South wind 5 to 10 mph. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Friday Night Rain, mainly after 7pm. Low around 34. South wind 5 to 10 mph becoming west after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Saturday Rain. High near 43. Light west wind becoming north northwest 5 to 10 mph in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Saturday Night A 30 percent chance of rain. Cloudy, then gradually becoming partly cloudy, with a low around 26.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 37.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 22.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 39.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 27.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 45.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Craighead County, AR
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE