Heavy Lake-Effect Snow Across the Great Lakes this Week
Cold winds over the relatively warm Great Lakes will promote heavy lake-effect snow downwind of the lakes through at least Thursday. The heaviest snow will occur in Upstate New York downwind of Lakes Erie and Ontario where up to two feet of snow could fall this week.
- Wind SpeedN 14 mph
- Barometer30.34 in (1028.3 mb)
- Dewpoint20°F (-7°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill14°F (-10°C)
Current conditions at
Lawrence Municipal Airport (KLWC)
Lat: 39.02 Lon: -95.22 Elev: 833ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today Mostly sunny, with a high near 22. North wind 5 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.
- Tonight Mostly clear, with a low around 9. Wind chill values between -1 and 4. Light and variable wind becoming south 5 to 10 mph after midnight.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 39. Wind chill values between zero and 10. Southwest wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
- Thursday Night Increasing clouds, with a low around 26. South wind around 10 mph.
- Friday A chance of freezing rain before noon, then a chance of rain. Cloudy, with a high near 36. South wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Friday Night A chance of snow and sleet before midnight, then a chance of snow. Cloudy, with a low around 25. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Saturday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 30.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 16.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 30.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 18.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 38.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 25.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 42.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Douglas County, KS
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE