Winter Storm to Impact Parts of the Midwest, Northern Appalachians and New England
A storm system will take shape over the central U.S. on Friday, with heavy snow in portions of the Midwest and Ohio Valley. On Saturday, the snow will shift northeast and extend from the Ohio Valley into the New England states. Also, freezing rain will be possible from northwestern Arkansas into Indiana on Friday and along the Central Appalachians into the southern New England on Saturday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedSW 7 mph
- Barometer30.30 in (1026.8 mb)
- Dewpoint10°F (-12°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill19°F (-7°C)
Current conditions at
Lynchburg Regional Airport (KLYH)
Lat: 37.34 Lon: -79.2 Elev: 940ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Mostly clear, with a low around 19. Light southwest wind.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 46. Southwest wind 5 to 8 mph.
- Friday Night A slight chance of rain and snow showers before 3am, then a chance of snow showers between 3am and 4am, then a chance of sleet after 4am. Increasing clouds, with a low around 30. Calm wind. Chance of precipitation is 40%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
- Saturday Snow showers and sleet likely before 10am, then rain showers. High near 37. Light east wind. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Saturday Night Showers likely, mainly before 1am. Cloudy, with a low around 34. Light and variable wind. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Sunday A slight chance of snow showers before 8am, then a slight chance of rain showers between 8am and 1pm. Partly sunny, with a high near 45. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Sunday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 24.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 40.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 26.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 50.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 28.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 46.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 29.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 48.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Campbell, VA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE