Major Winter Storm Continues Across Central, Eastern U.S.
The major winter storm that has been affecting much of the central U.S. continues to move eastward on Friday, bringing a variety of hazards from the southern Plains to New England, including a significant ice storm. Heavy snow and freezing rain are expected from the Ohio Valley into central Texas. Icy conditions will cause dangerous driving conditions and extended power outages are possible.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedW 9 mph
- Barometer30.05 in (1017.7 mb)
- Dewpoint30°F (-1°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill34°F (1°C)
Current conditions at
Burlington International Airport (KBTV)
Lat: 44.48 Lon: -73.15 Elev: 348ft.
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Mostly cloudy, with a high near 41. Northwest wind 6 to 8 mph.
- Tonight A slight chance of rain and snow before 8pm, then a chance of snow. Cloudy, with a low around 24. Light northwest wind. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
- Saturday A 20 percent chance of snow showers before noon. Cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly sunny, with a high near 34. Light west wind becoming northwest 5 to 9 mph in the morning.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 12. Northwest wind around 8 mph.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 30. Northwest wind 3 to 6 mph.
- Sunday Night Snow likely after 3am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 20. Southeast wind 5 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Monday Snow before 2pm, then rain and snow. High near 36. Southeast wind 9 to 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Monday Night Rain showers, snow showers, and sleet. Low around 25. South wind around 9 mph becoming west after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Tuesday A 30 percent chance of snow showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 30. West wind around 10 mph.
- Tuesday Night A 30 percent chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 14. Southwest wind around 10 mph.
- Wednesday A 30 percent chance of snow showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 23. West wind 9 to 11 mph.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 7. West wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Thursday Partly sunny, with a high near 23. Southwest wind 5 to 7 mph.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Western Addison, VT
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE