Developing storm system in the Midwest moves east on Wednesday
A strengthening low pressure will move from the Midwest to the Northeast on Wednesday. As it does, it will bring several inches of snow from northern Illinois to Maine. The hardest hit areas are expected to be from western New York to Maine where 1 to 2 feet of snow is possible.
- Wind SpeedN 3 mph
- Barometer29.71 in (1005.9 mb)
- Dewpoint32°F (0°C)
- Visibility8.00 mi
Current conditions at
Groton / New London Airport (KGON)
Lat: 41.33°N Lon: 72.05°W Elev: 10ft.
New London CT
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Cloudy, with a steady temperature around 38. Calm wind.
- Wednesday Rain, mainly after noon. High near 47. East wind 5 to 13 mph becoming southeast in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Wednesday Night Rain before midnight, then rain showers likely. Some thunder is also possible. Low around 19. Southwest wind 6 to 11 mph becoming northwest 12 to 17 mph after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 29 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Thursday A chance of snow showers, mainly before 1pm. Mostly cloudy, with a temperature falling to around 19 by 8am. Windy, with a northwest wind 22 to 26 mph, with gusts as high as 39 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 12. Northwest wind 10 to 17 mph, with gusts as high as 33 mph.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 36.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 32.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 48.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 31.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 41.
- Sunday Night A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 22. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Monday A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 33. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 21.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 37.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Southern New London, CT
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE