Major Winter Storm Continues Moving into the Eastern Third of the U.S. While Another System Begins Impacting the West Coast
Snow, sleet, freezing rain and heavy rainfall will continue to impact the eastern third of the U.S. through the weekend. Extremely cold temperatures will continue to settle into the western two-thirds of the country behind this storm system. In the meantime, a reinforcing shot of cold air is beginning to impact the West Coast as the next system approaches.
- Wind SpeedN 8 mph
- Barometer30.14 in (1020.6 mb)
- Dewpoint34°F (1°C)
- Visibility9.00 mi
- Wind Chill31°F (-1°C)
Current conditions at
Groton / New London Airport (KGON)
Lat: 41.33 Lon: -72.05 Elev: 10ft.
New London CT
7 Day Forecast
- Today A chance of rain and snow before 7am. Mostly cloudy through mid morning, then gradual clearing, with a high near 41. Northwest wind 9 to 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Tonight Mostly clear, with a low around 21. Northwest wind 6 to 8 mph.
- Sunday A slight chance of snow after 4pm. Increasing clouds, with a high near 35. North wind 3 to 6 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Sunday Night A chance of snow before 1am, then snow and sleet between 1am and 4am, then rain, snow, and sleet after 4am. Low around 29. East wind 6 to 11 mph increasing to 12 to 17 mph after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow and sleet accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Monday Rain, mainly before 3pm. High near 46. Breezy, with an east wind 10 to 20 mph becoming south in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Monday Night A slight chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 33. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Tuesday A chance of rain and snow before 9am, then a chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 36. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 20.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 31. Breezy.
- Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 15.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 28.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 15.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 28.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Southern New London, CT
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE