Major Winter Storm Continues Across Central, Eastern U.S.
The major winter storm that has been affecting much of the central U.S. continues to move eastward on Friday, bringing a variety of hazards from the southern Plains to New England, including a significant ice storm. Heavy snow and freezing rain are expected from the Ohio Valley into central Texas. Icy conditions will cause dangerous driving conditions and extended power outages are possible.
- Wind SpeedN 8 mph
- Barometer30.05 in (1017.5 mb)
- Dewpoint40°F (4°C)
- Visibility8.00 mi
- Wind Chill41°F (5°C)
Current conditions at
Groton / New London Airport (KGON)
Lat: 41.33 Lon: -72.05 Elev: 10ft.
New London CT
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Rain before 3am, then rain and sleet likely. Low around 33. North wind 8 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
- Saturday Cloudy through mid morning, then gradual clearing, with a high near 43. Northwest wind 9 to 11 mph.
- Saturday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 23. North wind 3 to 7 mph.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 33. North wind 5 to 8 mph becoming calm.
- Sunday Night A chance of snow before 1am, then snow and sleet likely between 1am and 4am, then snow, freezing rain, and sleet likely after 4am. Cloudy, with a low around 29. East wind 9 to 16 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Monday Rain, mainly before 3pm. High near 44. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Monday Night A chance of rain before midnight. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 33. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Tuesday A chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 41. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 20.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 33.
- Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 15.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 32.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 19.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 35.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Southern New London, CT
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE