Complex Winter Storm Impacting Central and Eastern U.S.
Significant winter weather continues to plague several areas as a storm system tracks from the Gulf Coast to the Northeast on Sunday. Snow, sleet and freezing rain are forecast from the Lower Mississippi River Valley northeastward to New England, with extensive freezing rain possible across the southern and central Appalachians and foothills from North Carolina to central Pennsylvania.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNE 10 mph
- Barometer30.57 in (1035.1 mb)
- Dewpoint17°F (-8°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill25°F (-4°C)
Current conditions at
New York/John F. Kennedy Intl Airport (KJFK)
Lat: 40.66 Lon: -73.78 Elev: 26ft.
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Snow likely, mainly after 5pm. Cloudy, with a high near 36. Northeast wind around 6 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. Total daytime snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Tonight Snow and sleet before 1am, then rain and sleet between 1am and 2am, then rain after 2am. Low around 33. East wind 6 to 14 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow and sleet accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Monday Periods of rain, mainly before 3pm. High near 48. East wind 8 to 15 mph becoming west in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 35. West wind 11 to 15 mph.
- Tuesday A chance of snow, mainly after noon. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 38. Northwest wind 9 to 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Tuesday Night A slight chance of snow before 9pm. Partly cloudy, with a low around 26. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 34.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 23.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 30.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 23.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 34.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 22.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 38.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Southern Nassau, NY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE