Winter Storm Impacting Southern Plains through Ohio Valley
A major icing event is forecast through Friday across portions of the southern Great Plains toward the Lower Ohio Valley, where Winter and Ice Storm Warnings are in effect. Prolonged power outages are possible for this region. This storm system will also bring heavy snow from the Ohio Valley to the mid-Miss. Valley, with heavy rain possible from the central Appalachians to the lower Miss. Valley.
- Wind SpeedW 7 mph
- Barometer30.10 in (1020.1 mb)
- Dewpoint30°F (-1°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill29°F (-2°C)
Current conditions at
Greater Rochester International Airport (KROC)
Lat: 43.12 Lon: -77.67 Elev: 600ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today Cloudy, with a high near 37. West wind 9 to 11 mph.
- Tonight Snow likely, mainly between 10pm and 4am. Cloudy, with a low around 26. Northwest wind 6 to 13 mph becoming southwest in the evening. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of around an inch possible.
- Saturday A chance of snow showers, mainly before 9am. Cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly sunny, with a high near 31. West wind 10 to 18 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 22. West wind 8 to 14 mph, with gusts as high as 26 mph.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 29. Light and variable wind becoming southeast 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon.
- Sunday Night Snow, mainly after midnight. Low around 27. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Monday Rain, snow, and sleet before noon, then a chance of rain between noon and 1pm, then a chance of rain showers after 1pm. High near 42. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Monday Night A chance of rain and snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 25. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 27. Breezy.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 18. Breezy.
- Wednesday Partly sunny, with a high near 23. Breezy.
- Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 16.
- Thursday Partly sunny, with a high near 24.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Monroe County, NY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE