Heavy rain and mountain snow across the northwestern U.S. this weekend
A Pacific storm system will continue to impact the West Coast through Sunday. Heavy rainfall could lead to flash flooding, river and small stream flooding, as well as mudslides and debris flows, especially over burn scars. At higher elevations, strong winds and heavy snowfall, with accumulations of 1 to 3 feet, could result in hazardous travel through mountain passes.
Barometer30.29 in (1026.6 mb)
Current conditions at
Rochester, Greater Rochester International Airport (KROC)
Lat: 43.12 Lon: -77.68 Elev: 558ft.
Overnight Cloudy. A chance of flurries late. Lows in the mid 20s. Light winds. Sunday Mostly cloudy in the morning...then becoming partly sunny. Highs in the mid 30s. Light west winds. Sunday Night Mostly cloudy. Near steady temperatures around 30. Light winds...becoming southeast around 10 mph. Monday Mostly cloudy. Highs around 40. Southeast winds 5 to 10 mph...increasing to 10 to 15 mph. Monday Night Mostly cloudy. Lows in the lower 30s. South winds 10 to 15 mph. Tuesday Cloudy with a 30 percent chance of rain showers. Highs in the upper 40s. Tuesday Night Cloudy with a 50 percent chance of showers. Lows in the lower 40s. Wednesday Showers. Highs in the mid 50s. Chance of rain 80 percent. Wednesday Night Rain showers with snow showers likely. Lows in the mid 30s. Chance of precipitation 80 percent. Christmas Day Rain and snow showers likely. Highs in the upper 30s. Chance of precipitation 70 percent. Thursday Night Mostly cloudy with a chance of rain and snow showers. Lows in the lower 30s. Chance of precipitation 40 percent. Friday Mostly cloudy with a chance of rain and snow showers. Highs in the mid 40s. Chance of precipitation 30 percent. Friday Night Mostly cloudy with a 30 percent chance of showers. Lows in the upper 30s. Saturday Cloudy with a chance of rain and snow showers. Highs in the mid 40s. Chance of precipitation 30 percent.
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE