Proposed changes to icons on NWS Point Forecast Pages
The National Weather Service is collecting comments on proposed changes to the icons we use on our Point Forecast Pages. These changes are intended to enhance communication of rapidly changing weather conditions, while also highlighting current weather hazards
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedSE 6 mph
- Barometer30.14 in (1024.9 mb)
- Dewpoint25°F (-4°C)
- Visibility4.00 mi
- Wind Chill19°F (-7°C)
Current conditions at
Rapid City Regional Airport (KRAP)
Lat: 44.05°N Lon: 103.07°W Elev: 3160ft.
Rapid City SD
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Patchy fog. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a steady temperature around 25. Calm wind.
- Saturday Mostly cloudy through mid morning, then gradual clearing, with a high near 53. Northwest wind around 6 mph becoming light and variable.
- Saturday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 39. Southwest wind 6 to 8 mph.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 66. West wind around 7 mph.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 40. West wind around 9 mph.
- Monday Partly sunny, with a high near 62. Calm wind becoming north around 6 mph in the afternoon.
- Monday Night Rain likely before 11pm, then rain and snow likely. Cloudy, with a low around 34. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Tuesday A chance of rain and snow. Partly sunny, with a high near 42. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 27.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 47.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 29.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 54.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 32.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 52.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Rapid City, SD
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE