Wintry Weather on Monday for parts of the Mid-Atlantic and Northeast
Another round of wintry weather is expected on Monday morning. The greatest area of concern is in central Virgina to southeast New York where freezing rain is possible. Some locations may see up to a quarter of an inch of ice before temperatures rise late Monday morning and the storm system departs.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNE 14 mph
- Barometer30.37 in (1028.4 mb)
- Dewpoint26°F (-3°C)
- Visibility6.00 mi
- Wind Chill18°F (-8°C)
Current conditions at
Bridgeport/Igor|Sikorsky Memorial (KBDR)
Lat: 41.18 Lon: -73.13 Elev: 13ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Snow, freezing rain, and sleet before 4am, then freezing rain and sleet. Low around 30. Northeast wind around 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. Total nighttime ice accumulation of less than a 0.1 of an inch possible. Total nighttime snow and sleet accumulation of around an inch possible.
- Monday Rain or freezing rain, becoming all rain after 1pm. High near 45. East wind 7 to 13 mph becoming west in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Little or no ice accumulation expected.
- Monday Night A slight chance of rain showers before 9pm, then a slight chance of snow after 3am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 31. West wind 7 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Tuesday Snow, mainly between 9am and 4pm. High near 36. Northwest wind 7 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 24. West wind around 9 mph.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 35.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 20.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 28.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 20.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 32.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 20.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 31.
- Saturday Night A chance of light snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 21. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Sunday A chance of light snow. Partly sunny, with a high near 30. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Southern Fairfield, CT
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE