Major Winter Storm Continues Across Central, Eastern U.S.
The major winter storm that has been affecting much of the central U.S. continues to move eastward on Friday, bringing a variety of hazards from the southern Plains to New England, including a significant ice storm. Heavy snow and freezing rain are expected from the Ohio Valley into central Texas. Icy conditions will cause dangerous driving conditions and extended power outages are possible.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNW 2 G 5 MPH
- Dewpoint2°F (-17°C)
Current conditions at
NORTH TAHOE HS (NTHO)
Lat: 39.17083 Lon: -120.14528 Elev: 6450ft.
Dollar Point CA
7 Day Forecast
- Today Snow likely, mainly after 4pm. Partly sunny, with a high near 26. Southwest wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. Total daytime snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Tonight Snow. Low around 19. South wind around 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 7 to 11 inches possible.
- Saturday Snow showers. High near 20. West wind 10 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 0. Northwest wind around 5 mph becoming northeast in the evening.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 23. East wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Sunday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 2.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 24.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 6.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 34.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 20.
- Wednesday Partly sunny, with a high near 37.
- Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 25.
- Thursday A slight chance of rain and snow. Partly sunny, with a high near 44.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Greater Lake Tahoe Area, CA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE