Winter Weather Affecting Much of the Country
Winter weather conditions are affecting much of the country this week. Cold air is plunging into the Western and Central U.S., as heavy snow continues across the Northern Plains and Great Lakes. As the system moves east and south, a major icing event is forecast for portions of the Southern Plains to the Ozarks and into the Ohio Valley beginning Thursday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedS 7 mph
- Barometer29.75 in
- Dewpoint61°F (16°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Lat: 30.24 Lon: -98.91 Elev: 1696ft.
9 Miles ESE Harper TX
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Mostly cloudy, with a low around 49. South wind around 5 mph.
- Thursday A 30 percent chance of showers, mainly after noon. Cloudy, with a temperature falling to around 42 by 5pm. South wind 5 to 10 mph becoming north 15 to 20 mph in the morning. Winds could gust as high as 25 mph.
- Thursday Night Rain likely before midnight, then freezing rain likely. Cloudy, with a low around 29. North wind around 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. Little or no ice accumulation expected.
- Friday A chance of freezing rain and sleet before 11am, then a chance of rain. Cloudy, with a high near 35. North wind around 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Friday Night Cloudy, with a low around 25. North northeast wind around 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
- Saturday A chance of freezing drizzle and sleet before noon, then a chance of drizzle. Cloudy, with a high near 35. North northeast wind 5 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Saturday Night Cloudy, with a low around 28. Northeast wind around 5 mph becoming calm after midnight.
- Sunday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 48. Calm wind becoming southwest around 5 mph.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 30. Light and variable wind becoming north northwest 5 to 10 mph after midnight.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 42.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 22.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 43.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 22.
- Wednesday Partly sunny, with a high near 48.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Gillespie County, TX
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE