Another Round of Winter Weather Tracking across the Nation this Weekend
Significant winter weather continues to plague the nation as another storm system tracks from coast to coast this weekend. Heavy snow and unseasonable cold will impact parts of the West on Saturday, while even colder temperatures and life-threatening wind chills spread through the Northern Plains. Sleet and freezing rain is forecast from the Tennessee Valley to Mid-Atlantic on Sunday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedSW 16 G 33 mph
- Barometer29.70 in
- Dewpoint10°F (-12°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill4°F (-16°C)
Current conditions at
South La Veta Pass (10,216 feet) (KVTP)
Lat: 37.51 Lon: -105.17 Elev: 10217ft.
10 Miles N Blanca CO
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon A chance of snow before 3pm, then snow likely after 3pm. Cloudy and cold, with a high near 7. Wind chill values between -20 and -25. Very windy, with a southwest wind 40 to 45 mph, with gusts as high as 65 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
- Tonight Snow with areas of blowing snow before 3am, then snow likely between 3am and 4am, then areas of blowing snow and a chance of snow after 4am. Low around -6. Wind chill values between -25 and -30. Very windy, with a southwest wind 30 to 40 mph, with gusts as high as 55 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.
- Sunday A 30 percent chance of snow, mainly before 8am. Mostly cloudy and cold, with a high near 0. Wind chill values between -25 and -35. Windy, with a west wind 30 to 35 mph decreasing to 25 to 30 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 55 mph.
- Sunday Night A 10 percent chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around -17. Wind chill values between -35 and -45. Blustery, with a west wind 10 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph.
- Monday A 10 percent chance of snow before 11am. Mostly sunny and cold, with a high near 0. Blustery, with a northwest wind 10 to 20 mph.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around -17. Blustery, with a west northwest wind 20 to 25 mph.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 12. West northwest wind 10 to 15 mph.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around -1. West northwest wind around 15 mph.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 16. Northwest wind 5 to 15 mph.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 2. West wind 10 to 15 mph.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 22. West wind around 10 mph.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 4. West wind 10 to 15 mph.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 18. West southwest wind 5 to 15 mph.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Northern Sangre de Cristo Mountains above 11000 Ft, CO
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE