Complex Winter Storm Impacting Central and Eastern U.S.
Significant winter weather continues to plague several areas as a storm system tracks from the Gulf Coast to the Northeast on Sunday. Snow, sleet and freezing rain are forecast from the Lower Mississippi River Valley northeastward to New England, with extensive freezing rain possible across the southern and central Appalachians and foothills from North Carolina to central Pennsylvania.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNE 5 mph
- Barometer30.04 in (1017.6 mb)
- Dewpoint52°F (11°C)
- Visibility0.25 mi
- Wind Chill51°F (11°C)
Current conditions at
New Orleans International Airport (KMSY)
Lat: 29.98 Lon: -90.25 Elev: 4ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm. Areas of dense fog. Otherwise, cloudy, with a temperature rising to around 61 by 2am. South wind 5 to 10 mph becoming light and variable after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Monday A 50 percent chance of showers. Areas of fog before 9am. Otherwise, cloudy, with a steady temperature around 62. Calm wind becoming north around 5 mph in the morning.
- Monday Night A 30 percent chance of rain. Patchy fog. Otherwise, cloudy, with a low around 53. North wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Tuesday A 30 percent chance of rain. Cloudy, with a high near 56. North wind 10 to 15 mph.
- Tuesday Night Cloudy, with a low around 45. Northeast wind 10 to 15 mph.
- Wednesday A 20 percent chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 59.
- Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 45.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 56.
- Thursday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 46.
- Friday A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 63.
- Friday Night A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Cloudy, with a low around 56.
- Saturday A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Cloudy, with a high near 68.
- Saturday Night A chance of showers. Cloudy, with a low around 54.
- Sunday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 60.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Upper Jefferson, LA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE