Winter Storm to Impact Parts of the Midwest, Northern Appalachians and New England
A storm system will take shape over the central U.S. on Friday, with heavy snow in portions of the Midwest and Ohio Valley. On Saturday, the snow will shift northeast and extend from the Ohio Valley into the New England states. Also, freezing rain will be possible from northwestern Arkansas into Indiana on Friday and along the Central Appalachians into the southern New England on Saturday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedE 5 mph
- Barometer30.29 in (1025.8 mb)
- Dewpoint36°F (2°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill41°F (5°C)
Current conditions at
New Orleans International Airport (KMSY)
Lat: 29.98 Lon: -90.25 Elev: 4ft.
2 Miles NNW Gretna LA
7 Day Forecast
- Today Isolated showers after noon. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 65. Southeast wind around 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 10%.
- Tonight Showers likely, mainly after 11pm. Patchy fog before midnight. Otherwise, cloudy, with a low around 61. Southeast wind around 15 mph becoming southwest after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Saturday Showers likely, mainly before 2pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 73. Southwest wind 10 to 15 mph becoming northwest in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Saturday Night A 20 percent chance of light rain, mainly after midnight. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 50. Breezy, with a north wind 10 to 20 mph.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 55. Breezy, with a north wind 15 to 20 mph.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 40.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 58.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 44.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 62.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 44.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 64.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 46.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 63.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Orleans Parish, LA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE