Heavy Lake-Effect Snow Across the Great Lakes this Week
Cold winds over the relatively warm Great Lakes will promote heavy lake-effect snow downwind of the lakes through at least Thursday. The heaviest snow will occur in Upstate New York downwind of Lakes Erie and Ontario where up to two feet of snow could fall this week.
- Wind SpeedNE 13 mph
- Barometer30.37 in
- Dewpoint30°F (-1°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill34°F (1°C)
Current conditions at
Georgetown County Airport (KGGE)
Lat: 33.31 Lon: -79.32 Elev: 40ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Clear, with a low around 35. North wind around 8 mph.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 54. North wind 7 to 11 mph becoming east in the afternoon.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 33. Calm wind becoming north 5 to 7 mph after midnight.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 52. North wind 9 to 14 mph.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 28. North wind 5 to 8 mph.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 54.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 43.
- Saturday Showers. High near 65. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Saturday Night Showers. Low around 52. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Sunday A chance of showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 62. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 39.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 53.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 37.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 57.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Coastal Georgetown, SC
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE