Winter Storm Impacting Southern Plains through Ohio Valley
A major icing event is forecast through Friday across portions of the southern Great Plains toward the Lower Ohio Valley, where Winter and Ice Storm Warnings are in effect. Prolonged power outages are possible for this region. This storm system will also bring heavy snow from the Ohio Valley to the mid-Miss. Valley, with heavy rain possible from the central Appalachians to the lower Miss. Valley.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedW 5 MPH
- Barometer29.96 in (1018.5 mb)
- Dewpoint-3°F (-19°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill-3°F (-19°C)
Current conditions at
Flagstaff, Flagstaff Pulliam Airport (KFLG)
Lat: 35.14028 Lon: -111.67222 Elev: 7011ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today Sunny, with a high near 32. Light south wind becoming south southwest 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon.
- Tonight Mostly clear, with a low around 9. Wind chill values as low as -1. South southwest wind 5 to 8 mph becoming calm in the evening.
- Saturday A 50 percent chance of snow after 11am. Increasing clouds, with a high near 29. Wind chill values as low as -3. Breezy, with a southwest wind 8 to 13 mph increasing to 19 to 24 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 32 mph. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Saturday Night Snow. Low around 12. Wind chill values as low as -6. Breezy, with a southwest wind 21 to 26 mph, with gusts as high as 36 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.
- Sunday A 30 percent chance of snow before 11am. Mostly sunny, with a high near 24. West wind 10 to 16 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
- Sunday Night Mostly clear, with a low around -1.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 26.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 3.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 31.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 10.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 39.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 15.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 39.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Western Mogollon Rim, AZ
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE