Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes through Thursday. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-20 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains through Thursday. Wind Chill Advisories are in effect for parts of the Midwest.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedCalm
- Barometer30.46 in
- Dewpoint-13°F (-25°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Angel Fire Airport (KAXX)
Lat: 36.42 Lon: -105.29 Elev: 8380ft.
4 Miles SSE Taos Ski Valley NM
7 Day Forecast
- Today Mostly sunny, with a high near 37. West wind around 10 mph.
- Tonight A 10 percent chance of snow showers after 11pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 20. West wind around 10 mph.
- Friday A 30 percent chance of snow showers, mainly before 11am. Partly sunny, with a high near 30. Northwest wind 10 to 15 mph. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Friday Night A 10 percent chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 12. Northwest wind 5 to 10 mph becoming northeast in the evening.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 25. North wind around 5 mph.
- Saturday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 17.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 35.
- Sunday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 21.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 38.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 22.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 37.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 23.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 37.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Northern Sangre de Cristos above 9500 feet/Red River, NM
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE