Another Round of Winter Weather Tracking across the Nation this Weekend
Significant winter weather continues to plague the nation as another storm system tracks from coast to coast this weekend. Heavy snow and unseasonable cold will impact parts of the West on Saturday, while even colder temperatures and life-threatening wind chills spread through the Northern Plains. Sleet and freezing rain is forecast from the Tennessee Valley to Mid-Atlantic on Sunday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedCalm
- Barometer30.25 in
- Dewpoint31°F (-1°C)
- Visibility2.50 mi
Current conditions at
Glasgow Municipal Airport (KGLW)
Lat: 36.96 Lon: -85.95 Elev: 715ft.
Mammoth Cave KY
7 Day Forecast
- Today Freezing rain and sleet before noon, then rain likely. High near 38. Northeast wind around 6 mph becoming south in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 90%. Total daytime ice accumulation of around a 0.1 of an inch possible. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
- Tonight A chance of rain before 3am, then a slight chance of freezing rain and sleet. Cloudy, with a low around 33. South wind around 5 mph becoming light and variable in the evening. Chance of precipitation is 50%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
- Monday A chance of rain, freezing rain, and sleet before 9am, then a chance of drizzle between 9am and 4pm. Partly sunny, with a high near 39. Northwest wind 3 to 6 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Monday Night A 20 percent chance of snow after midnight. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 23. Light north wind.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 34. Northwest wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the afternoon.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 19.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 41.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 18.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 31.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 21.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 42.
- Friday Night A chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 33. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Saturday A slight chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 43. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Edmonson County, KY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE