Winter Storm Impacting Southern Plains through Ohio Valley
A major icing event is forecast through Friday across portions of the southern Great Plains toward the Lower Ohio Valley, where Winter and Ice Storm Warnings are in effect. Prolonged power outages are possible for this region. This storm system will also bring heavy snow from the Ohio Valley to the mid-Miss. Valley, with heavy rain possible from the central Appalachians to the lower Miss. Valley.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedSE 3 MPH
- Barometer30.10 in
- Dewpoint10°F (-12°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
St George Municipal Airport (KSGU)
Lat: 37.04510 Lon: -113.50561 Elev: 2872ft.
9 Miles NW Leeds UT
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Mostly clear, with a low around 1. Wind chill values as low as -10. West northwest wind around 6 mph.
- Friday Partly sunny, with a high near 16. Wind chill values as low as -9. Light and variable wind becoming south 5 to 8 mph in the afternoon.
- Friday Night A 30 percent chance of snow after 11pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 9. Wind chill values as low as -8. South wind 9 to 13 mph. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
- Saturday Snow. High near 12. Wind chill values as low as -8. Southwest wind 15 to 21 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 15 to 21 inches possible.
- Saturday Night Snow. Low around 5. West wind 8 to 14 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.
- Sunday A 20 percent chance of snow showers. Mostly sunny and cold, with a high near 10.
- Sunday Night A 20 percent chance of snow showers. Partly cloudy, with a low around 6.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 18. Blustery.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 17.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 22.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 16.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 28.
- Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 18.
- Thursday Partly sunny, with a high near 24.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Southern Utah Mountains, UT
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE