Proposed changes to icons on NWS Point Forecast Pages
The National Weather Service is collecting comments on proposed changes to the icons we use on our Point Forecast Pages. These changes are intended to enhance communication of rapidly changing weather conditions, while also highlighting current weather hazards
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedSW 3 mph
- Barometer30.02 in
- Dewpoint27°F (-3°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Virginia Tech Airport (KBCB)
Lat: 37.21°N Lon: 80.41°W Elev: 2133ft.
6 Miles NNW Newport VA
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Mostly clear, with a low around 34. West wind around 11 mph.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 55. West wind 14 to 18 mph, with gusts as high as 29 mph.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 45. West wind 9 to 13 mph.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 64. West wind 9 to 11 mph.
- Tuesday Night A chance of showers, mainly after 4am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 50. West wind around 6 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Wednesday Showers, with thunderstorms also possible after 2pm. High near 54. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Wednesday Night A chance of rain showers before 10pm, then a chance of rain and snow showers between 10pm and 11pm, then a chance of snow showers after 11pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 13. Windy. Chance of precipitation is 50%.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 28. Blustery.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 19.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 50.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 36.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 53.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 32.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 42.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Giles County, VA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE